Laurel Park has a few commercial businesses and a particularly large number of multi-family buildings throughout the National Register Historic District.
One of the multi-family buildings was the Louise Apartments on Laurel Street. It is located halfway between Orange and Osprey on the north side of the street. The building has been repurposed as part of the condominium complex called The Villas on Laurel.
The Louise, The Sperry, The San Juan, and The Embassy were just some of the district’s large apartment buildings constructed during the 1920’s building boom. Dozens of duplexes and four-plexes were added in the 1940’s providing much of the housing for residents working in the downtown and for seasonal visitors wishing to be in the heart of Sarasota.